free stats Maui Photography - canon dslr and lens reviews: Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS Lens Personal Review

Monday, July 13, 2009

Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS Lens Personal Review

I've been using the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS lens for about 2 years and have to say, it's the best all around lens i own. It's not TOO heavy, like my 70-200 L lens, and it has a great range. It is my most used lens.
When i only feel like taking my small holster camera bag, i take this lens.
The Image Stabilizer feature really makes this lens useful in low light situations and allows me to leave my tripod at home.

Super Sharp
Fast 2.8 Lens
Nice Background Blur
Lighter than the 24-70 L lens
Wider Range than 24-70 L lens
Image Stabilizer is very effective
Not weather sealed
The zoom creeps out when the camera is pointed down.
does not come with a hood


Blogger neil said...

It's an amazing lens. Up to now, I've been using the 28-135mm and have been very happy with it. Now I can't image when I'll use the 28-135 again as the 17-55mm is now my daily walkaround lens.

dsi r4

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home